Tuesday, December 27, 2005

home for Christmas

I'll spare the details of my three hop flight home for Christmas (via Memphis and Minneapolis) and three hop flight back to Texas (via Minneapolis and Detroit) and simply state that it was good to be home, if only for a couple of days. Winnipeg really is the Christmas Capital and there's nothing liek landing amongst all the snowbanks to get one in the Christmas spirit. This year happened to be the warmest Christmas in Winnipeg in 110 years, with temperatures hovering right around freezing. It was rather pleasant compared to some of the -35C deep freeze Christmases I experienced when I was living at home.

It was great to see my parents and relatives and catch up on all of my card paying and board games. I absolutely killed in the traditional Christmas Eve game of Monopoly. On Christmas morning Mom absolutely loved the angel I bought for her and Dad seemed happy with his selection of golf gadgets and books, even if he isn't really into Sudoku (he just needs some practice).

It was a wonderful but far too short visit. The supply of Cheezies and chocolate tucked into my caryy-on bag will have to satisfy my Canadian cravings until the next visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home