Sunday, November 06, 2005

they say it's your birthday

It's nice to know that I'm still young enough to get sick on chocolate cake and pizza on my birthday. To celebrate the big day, Amy pre-ordered a big chocolate raspberry truffle cake of some sort from the Celebrity bakery not too far from her apartment. We picked it up in the afternoon and then headed to downtown Fort Worth for dinner at Pizzeria Uno. A dinner of Uno deep dish has become my birthday tradition of sorts since moving to Fort Worth because after all the Pizza Place in Winnipeg is a bit too far to go. After dinner we came back to my place and I had a huge slice of cake. It was decadent, and that's a word I don't use very often or throw around lightly. The cake was a deep rich choclate and the icing heavy and sweet, almost pushing me to the limit of what I could stand.

I ended up paying for it the next day, with a lingering woozy stomach from too much chocolate cake. I'm probably the only person who suffers from a cake hangover the morning after their birthday. It was oh so worth it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home