Saturday, December 03, 2005

Office Party... hooray

Tonight was the annual HDR Holiday Party. We can't call it the Christmas Party or have any Christmas decortaions or Christmas music because that would just be politically unacceptable. Either way, my office party isn't that much fun. It's like living an episode of The Office. Seriously. I blame all the architects that I don't know because they work in dallas on a separate floor from the engineers so I only see them once a year. The highlight this year was the cooked-to-order pasta chef at the end of the buffet line. That was really cool. I guess one could also point out my early exit from the musical chairs contest. That was not so cool. Some architect chick with a lower center of gravity than I was going down the line taking everybody out and I just happened to get in the wrong place at the wrong time. See, it's always the fault of the architects. An engineer won in the end, which is not surprising since it is one of the environmental engineers who goes out and wrestles alligators and fends off snakes with his bare hands while deliniating wetlands. The artsy architect chick was no match for him. I'm going to start training and take this event next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home