Monday, November 07, 2005

Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers @ AAC

With the NHL back in session, Amy didn't have to think to hard to figure out what to get me for my birthday. It's even better when she can just snag a pair of her employer's Dallas Stars season tickets for a game near my birthday. Better still is when the seats are absolutely the best seats I have ever had for an NHL game. I am seriously in the wrong line of work.

I picked Amy up at work and we headed to the AAC. Usually it's a nightmare to park at the merican Airlines Center but thanks to the season tickets we were able to use the nifty parkign pass and get into the close lots that are usually off limits to the commoners. Our seats were in Sec 115 Row O, right on the goal line in the Stars offensive end. They were probably just a little bit better than the seats I had for a game between the Vancouver Canucks and the Winnipeg Jets a the old Winnipeg Arena. I think the Jets tickets might have been a bit closer to the ice but because they were in an arena completely lacking in creature comforts, the Stars tickets win out.

The game was rather spectacular, with the new NHL rules really openign up play and decreasing stoppages. There did seem to be an abundance of penalties with large portions of each period spent with one of the teams on the power play. In the end, thanks to a stellar defensive and goaltending performance, the Stars prevailed over the Oilers by a final score of 4-0 with Turco racking up the shutout. This made me happy because it's always nice to see the Stars win but it is even better to see the Oilers lose. Yes, I still carry hatred for them from my tortured days as a Jets fan. Heck, I even wore my classic Jets shirt to the game. It makes me a little sad at times to be a big hockey fan with no team to cheer for. Someday the NHL will return to Winnipeg, and that will be a glorious day. Go Jets Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home