Friday, February 03, 2006

Numbers Twist @ The Wreck Room

Numbers Twist is a side project featuring the Red Animal War lineup but in place of their regular drummer they have two, count 'em, two drummers, one of which happens to work with Amy. Yes Amy works with an icredibly divrse bunch compared with my coworkers whose life outside work I know virtually nothing about. Before the show we met Rodney and Stephanie at Fuzzy's Tacos over by TCU for dinner. Well except I was reeling from a cellitus staph infection in my nose and showed up late to just hang out while everybody else ate. Fuzzy's is pretty cool and the food looked good but I am certainly know judge of Mexican, I don't even really like the stuff on a good day let alone when I'm sick.

We went to the Wreck Room and I watched the first thee Numbers Twist numbers before leaving early to get some much needed rest. The effect of having two drummers was very cool and interestign to watch. The songs had a thunderous marching band feel to them as the drummers switched from doing the same parts together in time to playing differing but complimentry parts. The visual was spectacular with the two drum sets parked right behind each other and drum sticks flying everywhere. I hated to leave early but I had to because I was dying in there. Too much smoke for my swollen up nose to handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home