Thursday, July 06, 2006

In Good Company

When I was checking out of the hospital, they printed out pages and pages of information for me to research my newfound condition. Among them was a link to......

Famous people that share my malady...

Dwight D. Eisenhower - long before medications were available, had to be treated surgically in 1956 while serving as President

John F. Kennedy - diagnosed at age 17 but this condition not as dabilitating as his chronic back pain

Chris Conley - singer for Saves The Day (weezer-ish emo-ish pop-ish band I like)

Shayne Corson, Kevin Dineen, Theoren Fleury - NHL hockey players and household names in Canada

Shannen Doherty - everybody's favorite Little House/90210/Mallrat wild child

Mike McCready - lead guitarist for Pearl Jam

This disease occurs in about 150 out of every 100,000 people in the United States. I'm not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home