Thursday, June 09, 2005

Farewell to Kate

Tonight there was a happy hour over by the Dallas office to say farewell to one of my coworkers. This would not be notable if it were not for the fact that for much of the past four years, Kate was my only coworker. We spent the better part of two and a half years locked alone together in the same room, separated only by a thin, fuzzy grey wall. During this time we learned a ton about each other and I had a ready source for music and movie reviews and suggestions, links to odd online articles, and definitions of obscure words. I estimate that Kate has witnessed me consume approximately 250 hamburgers over the course of our time working together. She has one of the coolest cats I've ever met; I maintain that he is part panther. I think of her as more of a friend than a coworker so it makes it harder to say goodbye. However, I am happy that she has the opportunity to return to school, do what she does best and hopefully find a better situation down the road.

And for the last time, I am not high strung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home