Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Killers @ Nokia Theatre

The Killers, everybody's new favorite band after extensive radio airplay of songs like Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside from their debut album Hot Fuss, rolled through DFW tonight. The Killers played a nice tight set complete with a couple B-sides to fill things out that had the crowd jumping. The sing-along to the "I've Got Soul But I'm Not A Soldier" portion of All These Things That I've Done brought the show to a climactic end.

I must say that this was probably the trendiest show I've been to in a while, full of trendy people that outnumbered the scenesters, indie kids and music geeks by a good four-to-one ratio. Definately a high-maintenance crowd, caring more to be seen at the show than seeing the show itself. This did not detract from the experience, it just meant there was an overabundance of bitchy-looking high-maintenance sororrity type chicks for Amy and I to check out between the opener Louis XIV and The Killers, and that's always fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home