Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Take me out to the ballgame...

So tonight I went to my very first major league baseball game, watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays come back to defeat the hometown Texas Rangers at the Ballpark (aka Ameriquest Field) in Arlington. Although the view from three decks up isn't quite the same as the AA minor league stadiums I am used to that have housed teams such as the Winnipeg Goldeyes and Chattanooga Lookouts, goign to the ballpark was an enjoyable experience. I mean how can you possibly go wrong on dollar hot dog night? The night was capped off when, with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, the Rangers cracked off back-to-back homers, sending the stadium into exploding madness. It proved to be too little too late however, as a long fly on the next pitch was caught to end the came and stifle any attempts at a comeback.

I'll go back sometime, hopefully to see the Blue Jays play, because after all they are Canada's team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home